Overview of photos & videos
Ths site has been created to provide members a unique way to communicate with advertisers and other members and advertisers with a unique way to communicate with candidates.
Members’ public broadcast can include photos and videos. Advertiser Profile can include video.
Photos - members
To add a photo to 'My Broadcast', select 'My Picture/Video'. The following page will appear:
Select the ‘Browse’ button to locate files from your computer and then select the ‘Update’ button.
Your uploaded photo will appear on the ‘My Broadcast’ page when you next login to the site.
You are also able to show your photo in your public broadcast if you wish to by selecting ‘Show Picture’ from the options available in ‘My Public Broadcast Setting’.
Videos - members
You can to add a video to ‘My Broadcast’:
- By including URL links to your video on hosts such as YouTube, BlipTV etc
To add a video using URL links in My Broadcast, select ‘My Picture/Video’ and copy and paste the URL for your video from YouTube, BlipTV etc into the ‘Video URL’ field (as shown above). Then select the ‘update’ button.
You are able to include this video in your public broadcast if you wish to by selecting ‘Show Video’ from the options available in ‘My Public Broadcast Setting’ (see screenshot below).
Managing photos & videos
Managing photos and videos is easy.
You can change what is in ‘My Broadcast’ whenever you like and you can change whether you want to show these in your public broadcast. This will largely depend on your circumstances.
Photo & video tips for members
- Remember that this site is a career network. Your videos and photos should portray your professional face to the world.
- Remember to keep the timing to around a minute or two. Anything more than that might lose your audience.
- Ensure that the content is relevant to the person watching the video. If it has been prepared to help you find your next job, make sure you are clear about what is it you can offer (your unique, skills, capabilities, work style, goals etc) and keep it updated as your career changes.
- That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun! Sometimes this may be just the trick to help you stand out from the pack.
- Uniqueness is the key so use the video to demonstrate what is special about YOU.
- Be sure to cover the basics such as your name, what you are currently doing career-wise and why you are in the job market.
- Avoid revealing information or details that are personal.
- Check, check, check the video before you upload it to make sure it is clear, you are audible and clearly visible and it delivers the message you want to communicate.
Video tips for advertisers
This site provides advertisers with the ability to include relevant videos on their Advertiser Profile. It will allow you to communicate your employer brand to candidates in a very powerful way.
You are also able to target videos to specific recruiting campaigns. It may be worth considering developing video by candidate demographics (eg Graduates, Working Mothers, Gen X, etc).
Other suggestions are having your current employees tell candidates what it is like to work in your organisation – they can be great passive champions for your employer brand. Using your department heads to communicate their team culture to potential candidates can also be effective. You may even want to promote your credentials in areas such as the Environment or Corporate Social Responsibility.