This site takes our users' safety and security seriously.
- We will remove any ads that we identify as breaching our Terms & Conditions.
- We will disable a candidate’s log-in if we identify they have breached our Terms & Conditions.
It is illegal to attempt to obtain personal or financial information from candidates in job ads. Despite this, there are still those out there who may attempt to obtain this information by pretending to be advertisers on the site or even by pretending to be This site. Some may even contact you by email pretending to be either an advertiser or this site.
Any requests of this nature should be reported to this site immediately by selecting the following link clickhere.
In your genuine efforts to find a job, watch out for any of the following requests or requirements in job ads:
- Payment as a fee for processing your application;
- Money transfer assistance, with offers to provide you a portion of the funds transferred;
- Individual details such as your login, credit card or bank account details, tax file number, drivers license number etc;
- Information on your appearance, marital status, sexual orientation or any other information that is not relevant to performing the role;
- Start a job without an interview (as a minimum over the phone)
If in doubt – check whether an ad is legitimate before you apply. There are a few ways you can do this:
- Call the advertiser and confirm the ad details are valid.
- Check whether that company exists
- Confirm that they are genuinely recruiting
- Check that the contact nominated actually works there
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, log-in and passwords. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the internet.
Any personal information you choose to post to public areas of this site for example, online forums, blogs, your broadcast etc may be collected and used by others over whom this site has no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information posted or otherwise made available in public areas.
This site takes our users' safety and security seriously.
- We will remove any ads that we identify as breaching our Terms & Conditions
- We will disable a candidate’s login if we identify they have breached our Terms & Conditions.
Should you, as an advertiser ever see or receive candidate information or candidate ‘My Broadcast’ content that you consider inappropriate or in breach of our Terms & Conditions, please report it immediately by clicking on the following link. clickhere.
It is your responsibility as an advertiser to ensure you are advertising in compliance with relevant Australian legislation. These are identified in our Terms & Conditions.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, login and passwords, and any account information. These should not be disclosed to candidates or published in any way on site. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the internet.
The credit card or PayPal details you provide to us are used for the purpose of payment of your order via a third party banking/transaction facility. Never disclose this information to any party or person other than via data entry on the site to pay for advertising.
When you place an ad online on this site, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption. This makes it difficult for your payment information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted.
While we make every attempt to screen our advertisers and ensure they are using the site appropriately, we are unable to control how advertisers interact with candidates after they view a resume through our database. We do hold all advertisers to our Terms & Conditions and are committed to removing fraudulent companies from our site. We rely on the assistance of our users to do so.
Please note that some fraudulent job offers who claim to have located your resume on this site do not actually have access to our site. They may have copied our company logo and email formatting in an attempt to appear legitimate when it is in fact not authorised by this site.
Fraudulent activity might include some of the following:
- Cheque cashing scams
- Any job offer involving a ‘registration fee’ for the candidate commonly offering the ability to ‘work from home’
- Reshipping (requiring the repackaging and on forwarding of goods from your home)
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes etc
- Phishing – sending ‘urgent’ emails asking you to login on to your account in order to obtain your details
- Vague job offers that does not provide reasonable information to the candidate
The following are some ways to identify fraudulent emails. These should be treated with suspicion:
- Emails that threaten life of an account - emails stating (often in an urgent manner) that your account on a website requires entry of personal details to keep it from being closed or suspended.
- Emails claiming lost information - emails stating that a company is upgrading its files or accounts and requires re-entry of your personal details.
- Emails requesting personal information - emails asking you to enter personal information such as a user ID, password or bank account details by clicking on a link or completing a form, even if the link takes you to an official looking site.
- Emails with links back to sites - links that appear to connect to an official site can be “forged links” and actually link to a site that mimics the original site. To prevent being diverted to such a site always open up a new browser window and manually type in the website address shown on the hyperlink.
- Emails that forge the sender’s address – In the header of any email, the “From” field can easily be forged to make the email look as though it was sent by a trusted website or company when in fact it may have originated elsewhere.
The best way to protect yourself is to ignore and delete such emails.
In the interest of protecting other users on the site, if you receive any correspondence that you consider to be an attempt at fraudulent behaviour, please click on the link click here and report it to us immediately. We will investigate this issue further. Make sure you provide us with any information you might have about the company and include all pertinent information.
Log out or close your browser once you have finished. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence. If you share a computer with someone or are using a computer in a public place like a library or internet café you should be particularly careful to log out properly when you have finished using this site. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your computer. This site uses encryption wherever required to keep personal information safe and secure.
Detecting spoof emails
Spoof emails are those claiming to be sent by well-known companies. The email will ask users to reply (usually urgently), with personal information like, their drivers license details, their credit card or bank account details, Tax File Number, Login details etc.
Such emails will replicate the appearance of a popular web site or company in an attempt steal your identity.
The best way to protect yourself is to ignore and delete such emails. Should you receive any correspondence that you consider to be an attempt a spoof email, please click on the link clickhere and report it to us immediately. We will investigate this issue further. Make sure you provide us with any information you might have about the company and include all pertinent information
Safety, Security or Privacy Help
Should you have any question or query relating to safety, security or privacy, please contact us on clickhere. We will respond to your email within 48 hours.
Should you receive any correspondence that you consider to be fraudulent, a spoof email, inappropriate, offensive or contrary to our Terms & Conditions, please click on the link clickhere and report it to us immediately. We will investigate this issue further. Make sure you provide us with any information you might have about the company and include all pertinent information
- 1. Never disclose your login name or password
- 2. Never disclose your user account details
- 3. Never include in ‘My Broadcast’, any information you do not wish to be made public
- 4. Report any abuse of our Terms & Conditions clickhere
- 5. Log out or close your browser once you have finished using this site
- 6. Satisfy yourself that the job ad is genuine and that details you provide the advertiser are appropriate to the role advertised
- 7. Advertise only genuine positions
- 8. Only use candidate information obtained for the purpose of assessing their suitability for the role advertised